on September 17, 2010 in In the News
This is a very exciting development and follows the recent reports of ipulimumab having efficacy at least temporarily in treating patients with metastatic melanoma with BRAF mutations. These responses seem to be longer lasting at least in the initial studies. Melanoma is the most deadly form of skin cancer and patients with widespread metastases essentially [...]
on August 17, 2010 in In the News
Freckles, Moles And Skin TagsAug 16th, 2010 by RosieTanza. The difference between freckles, moles and skin tags. What to do if they look dangerous with the possibility of becoming cancerous. What Are Freckles? Freckles are brown spots that usually occur on the face and arms. They are more common during the summer and in people [...]
Skin Cancer Prevention iPhone App SunSafety Launched for iPhone by AppsolutelyiPhone | Press Releases @ Your Story
on August 13, 2010 in In the News
A new application for your iPhone has been developed by AppsolutelyiPhone. This is a great way to use technology to assure you are following proper measures to skin health. Skin Cancer Prevention iPhone App Launched for iPhone Boston based iphone App developers, AppsolutelyiPhone today launched their SunSafety for iPhone skin cancer prevention App. SunSafety provides [...]
on June 7, 2010 in In the News
Ipilimumab, a revolutionary and promising new treatment for melanoma, a type of skin cancer, has been receiving a lot of attention recently. Matt Lauer interviews Dermatologist Dr. Jeanine Downie about the drug and discusses what some are referring to as a miraculous melanoma treatment. Right at the end of the interview, Dr. Downie mentions finding [...]
on May 27, 2010 in In the News
We’ve known for years that tanning and tanning beds promote the development of skin cancer and melanoma. This new study (see below) confirms those suspicions. Tanning beds are dangerous and are analogous to cigarette smoking. Tanning is also addicting and it is dangerous for young, unsupervised teens to be able to tan indiscriminately. We have [...]
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma March 31, 2010
- Sunscreen and Skin Cancer April 27, 2010
- Effects of UV Exposure April 28, 2010
- Sunburn April 29, 2010
- Cancer Treatment – Nausea, Vomiting and Chemotherapy April 16, 2010
- Melanoma Treatment (PDQ®) April 27, 2010
- Link Between Tanning Beds, Melanoma Grows Stronger – USATODAY.com May 27, 2010
- Sunscreens April 27, 2010
- Ingrown Hairs April 9, 2010
- Skin Cancer Treatment (PDQ®) April 4, 2010
- Managing Mucositis January 7, 2011
- Does Lichen Planus indicate skin cancer? October 12, 2010
- Skin Cancer in Youth? October 4, 2010
- Have you seen melanoma on genitalia? September 22, 2010
- Dr. Clay Cockerell talks about Skin Cancer September 17, 2010
- How many cases of melanoma never appear or are never identified topically on the skin? September 13, 2010
- New drug for advanced melanoma shrinks tumors August 26, 2010
- I have increasingly more and more spots on my back. I need info on what skin cancer looks like. August 23, 2010
- Freckles, Moles And Skin Tags August 17, 2010
- How much can I expect to pay for a full skin scan for damage and cancer? August 17, 2010
- Fran Rosenberger: I was recently diagnosed from a lesion taken from...
- photoprotection: Sunburn can be fatal and skin damaging can develop...
- tanning peptide: its very alarming to see and hear that the cancer ...
- melanocyte: Your blog entry was very helpful, very informative...
- photoprotection: NICE BLOG! its nice to know the difference between...
- photoprotection: The over exposure to UV rays from sun's heat does...
- tanning peptide: The over exposure to UV rays from sun's heat does...
- tanning peptide: After all this summaries above about tanning optio...
- tanning peptide: This article was completely necessary and hopefull...
- justyn yates: i wanted to say im so sorry for every one that has...